FINDING FULFILLMENT IN CHRIST FROM PHILIPPIANS
- Christ provides the purpose of life: Philippians 1:20-27
- Ecclesiastes 12:13
- Matthew 16:24-36
- Christ provides the pattern of life: Philippians 2:5-8
- Christ not only died for us, He lived for us:
- John 13:15 "I have given you an example."
- 1 Peter 2:21 we should follow in his steps.
- Note the text under consideration: Christ showed us how to:
- Think v5
- Serve v7
- Obey v8
- Die v8
- Think about folks who are truly happy in life -- Their general attitude and desire to serve
and help others.
3. Christ provides the prize of life: Philippians 3:4-15
a. The prize of rest. Hebrews 4
b. The Crown of righteousness. 2 Timothy 4:7-8
c. The Crown of life. Revelation 2:10
4. Christ provides the peace of life: Philippians 4:4-9
a. Peace through prayer. vv 6-9
- b. John 14:27
c. Ephesians 6:15 -- the Gospel of peace
d. Ephesians 2:14-22
- Christ provides the power of life: Philippians 4:10-20
- 2 Corinthians 12:9 -- "My grace is sufficient for thee."
- Power of Divine provision. vv 10, 14-17 (Mark 10:29-31)
- Power of contentment. vv 11-12
- The glory still belongs to God. vv 20